Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A little about me

-->
     I hope some people have been reading my thoughts about current events and hopefully enjoying my commentary.  While there are many things that I could talk about today, I would like to take a few minutes and tell and bit about myself. Hopefully, this will give everyone an idea where I am coming from with some of my opinions and interpretations of the daily news.

     Most importantly I am the father of two teenage daughters and the husband of my wife and best friend. We have been married just shy of 17 years (this Friday is our anniversary) it is amazing how fast time can go by when you are not paying attention.

     I grew up in small town Ohio and was exposed to the hectic family and small town politics that comes along with living in a small town. I think I turned out pretty good in spite of that. Also being from Ohio means I am a big Ohio State fan Go Bucks!!!!!!

     I am also a 16 year Veteran of the US Marine Corps. I have served overseas several times over the years and have held many different hats while serving, it has been a pleasure (for the most part) to serve this great country.

     Now for the political stuff, growing up in the farmland I believe that I have very common conservative beliefs. I believe in limited government interference in my life, the free market will determine who are winners and losers just fine without government intervention, I am pro-life by choice but also believe that people do have a right to make their own decision, I am not a republican or a democrat, I believe there are good politicians from both parties and politicians who are looking out for themselves in both parties as well (I reserve the right to criticize anyone from either party if it is warranted).
  
     As for my qualifications to comment on political topics other than being a concerned citizen and it is my right and duty as an American citizen to do so. I have a BA in Political Science and I am currently working on my master’s degree in Political Science and Criminal justice from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, so I hold the proper education to make some informed and insightful observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your opinion on current issues. Civil posts only!!